Yummy, yummy, I have to try it!!
Homemade Vanilla Bean Cream Soda
yield: 2 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
2 cups water
a pinch of Celtic sea salt
4 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
1 vanilla bean pod, split down the middle, seeds removed(save the seeds for something wonderful)
• combine sugar, water, Celtic sea salt, and vanilla bean pod.
• over medium heat, bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved. simmer for 5 minutes.
• whisk in vanilla bean paste. let steep and cool to room temperature.
• remove vanilla bean pod*.
• store in a glass jar in the fridge, indefinitely (if it lasts more than 2 days).
• place 1 – 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean syrup (depending on how sweet you like it) in a glass. add 12 ounces of bubbly water to the glass. stir. add ice. drink slowly; make it last!
* I keep a jar of vanilla sugar in my baking pantry. let vanilla bean pod dry out. once dry throw in your jar of vanilla sugar. I use pure, organic cane sugar and when I have left over pods, I toss them into the covered jar. Using vanilla sugar on top of crisps or sprinkled on pie crusts is a win win all the way around!
via Urban Baker